1. Can you tell me more about PhinisheD Gown products?Our philosophy is to offer high quality products and services. We have put a lot of effort in material selection and production processes to ensure that our products are well-constructed and meet specifications of official university designs. Our current Doctoral Regalia collections include standard sizes for 7 universities as well as made-to-order regalia set.
2. What are the available sizes?We make up to 6 sizes for doctoral gowns (XS, S, M, M/L (fitted shoulders), L and XL), 3 sizes for doctoral tams (S, M, and L), and one standard size for doctoral hoods. Please see size chart for more information. Don't worry if you can't find your size, we offer our made-to-order regalia. Please be sure to include your total height with shoes on and back shoulder width measured as shown in the size chart. Made-To-Order regalia takes approximately 4-8 weeks for production and delivery and will be subject to an additional fee of $150/regalia set.
3. Do all UC campuses use the same regalia?Yes! All UC campuses use the same official design for doctoral gown. Hood lining however can be in slightly different shades of blue and yellow among campuses. We offer standard doctoral regalia suitable for all UC graduates. All materials are carefully chosen and crafted into beautiful regalia.
4. How long does it take to receive my regalia?We offer free standard shipping per set on all domestic orders (48 contiguous states, except Hawaii and Alaska). You can expect to receive your order within 2-7 business days if the products are in stock. Expedited and international shipping services are available for additional fees. Please allow 4-8 weeks for production and delivery for Made-To-Order regalia.
|Shipping options||Processing time||Estimated shipping time||Shipping charges|
(USPS Priority or UPS Ground)
|1-2 business days||1-5 business days
(1-2 days for orders in California)
Free shipping for the U.S. 48 contiguous states
|Express Saver||1 business day||3 business days||$30/regalia set|
|Express Shipping||1 business day||2 business days||$50/regalia set|
|Standard International||1-2 business days||Varies by country||$65/regalia set|
5. What is the return/exchange policy?If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return/exchange any unused item under the original condition and packaging within 10 days of receiving your order (Free of charge). Please note that we cannot accept return/exchange after university official graduation date and any Made-To-Order that we make it to your specific request. PhinisheD Gown will provide a pre-paid shipping label for any return/exchange. To return/exchange a product, please follows the instructions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get a pre-paid return shipping label
- Complete a Return/Exchange Form online or enclosed in the box
- Mail your product along with the Return/Exchange Form to: PhinisheD Gown LLC 4000 Pimlico Drive Suite 114-111, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Once your return is received and approved, the refund will be automatically applied to your original method of payment within 7 business days.
6. What are the methods of payment?We accept PayPal and major credit cards – Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Our payment system includes a 128-bit SSL certificate, which is the same level of encryption used by large banks around the world. We make sure that your information is safe and secure.
7. Do I have to pay sales tax?
If the shipping address is in California, your order will be charged for California state sales tax and county tax:
- Shipping address in Alameda County, California: 9.5% sales tax (7.5% CA sales tax + 2% Alameda County tax)
- Shipping address outside Alameda County, but within California: 7.5% CA sales tax
- Shipping address outside California: no sales tax
8. How to clean the regalia?
- Dry clean only. You may air-dry it outside and use a lint roller to remove any dirt before putting it in the garment bag.
- If needed, please use a steamer to remove wrinkles. Please do not iron the velvet.
- For best use and to keep it longer, please do not spray perfume on to the gown.