PhD students need to celebrate the Labor Day just like any other workers. Plus summer heat is winding down, so it's perfect time to enjoy the outdoors. Here are ways to get out of your desk and explore your city!
- Yoga on the Taj Hotel (and it's free!)
- Adult (alcohol-infused) ice cream social
- Brunches-Bands-Beers at the Bistro
- Outdoor screening of "Jaws" at the Lawn on D
- Adult-only All-white attire roller-skating bash
- The Cleveland National Air Show
- Beer flows at Oktoberfest
- St. Rocco Food Festival
Los Angeles, CA
- The Taste – one of LA's yummiest festivals featuring local celebrity chefs and bartenders
- Outdoor screening of American classics "Goodfellas" and "Austin Powers"
- The LA County Fair
- The Hollywood Bowl concerts.
New York City, NY
- Brooklyn Bridge Park's pop-up pool
- Fireworks over Coney Island
- Bronx Museum of Arts
- Glamping in Fort Tilden
- The Heinz Field Kickoff and Rib Fest
- The sixth annual RANT: The Rock All Night Tour!
- Festival of Steel Arts by Rosa Arts
San Francisco, CA
- Comic Con
- SF Giants vs St.Louis Cardinals baseball game
- The Sausalito Art Festival
- Sonoma Wine Country Weekend
- Shakespeare in the park
- Free admission to Asian Arts Museum